Diablo Controls Solar-Powered
DSP-7LP Traffic Detector
Ultra Low Power, Multi-Voltage, Vehicle Microdector,
Ideal for Solar Power Applications
Diablo Controls DSP-7LP is a a new low-power, “fail-safe” vehicle detector that is perfect for solar powered safety loop installations. It is the low power version of the Diablo Controls DSP-7 detector. It beats all competition for low current consumption: less than 1 mA without a vehicle, and approximately 23 mA with a vehicle over the loop. Like the DSP-7 and DSP-6LP, it operates on any voltage from 10 to 30 volts AC or DC.
The power LED winks continuously once per second to indicate the detector is operating in the low power mode. The DSP-7LP detector has many of the same features as the standard DSP-7, but it beats all competition for reliability, simplicity, and ultra-low “no car” current consumption.
This series of Diablo’s detectors are covered by United States patent number US 7,132,959 “Non-Interfering Vehicle Detection”. These detectors are virtually crosstalk free in most applications.
Working on battery-powered and other parking and access control loop applications, the DSP-7LP is preset to the normal sensitivity level used in parking/access control applications, and tunes itself to the best operating frequency.
This micro-sized detector will automatically adjust its sensitivity level when used on different sized loops. Environmental conditions are constantly compensated
with the DSP-7LP’s HYPERTRACK software.
- Loop Size: Works on any in-ground inductive loop from 20 to 1200 μH.
- Indicators: Separate Power and Detect LED’s. The green Power LED will wink continuously once per second under normal operation. The red Detect LED will turn on solid for a vehicle.
- Sensitivity: Automatic – compensates for large loops and large lead-ins.
- Output Ratings: Single output, 1 amp relay at 30 VDC.
- Resistive: The relay common, NO, and NC contacts are available.
- Loop Failure: The green power indicator flashes twice per second if the loop circuit is open and 10 times per second if the loop circuit is shorted. This detector operates in the fail safe mode and will output a “Detect” for either of these loop failure conditions. This “Fail safe” detector should be used on “safety” loops.
- Power: 10 to 30 Volts AC or DC. Approximately 1 mA (no car and all loop sizes) and less than 25 mA with a car on the loop or while in a “Fail” condition.
- Dimensions: 39 x 74 x 40 mm (height x width x depth) (1.52″ x 2.90″ x 1.56″)
- Connector: Removable 7-pin terminal block. Pin assignments from left to right:
1 – Relay (NC) (opens for detect)
2 – Relay Common
3 – Relay (NO) (closes for detect)
4 – Power Common
5 – Power in (10 to 30 Volts AC or +DC)
6 – Loop
7 – Loop
- Operating Temperature: -37°C to 74°C (-35°F to 165°F)
Cost-Effective Traffic Control Solutions for International Markets
6919 Wildrose Terrace
Carlsbad, CA 92011